The New York Women’s Foundation considers sex trafficking of minors to be a violation of basic human rights.
Driven by its ongoing commitment to the area of Anti-Violence and Safety for New York City’s women and families, The New York Women’s Foundation’s Initiative Against Sex Trafficking of Minors focuses on prevention and early intervention and seeks to build shared ground for collective action against the sex trafficking of minors.
• Increase funding for NYC based direct service and advocacy nonprofit organizations addressing sex trafficking of minors
• Increase public awareness and involvement in combatting sex trafficking of minors
• Increase systemic responses that create a zero tolerance policy environment toward sex trafficking of minors in NYC
• Improve data collection and documentation of the scope and magnitude of the issue
• Increase Investment in Girls’ Leadership